We may not get a white Christmas here in the Scenic City, but if one thing’s for sure, it’s going to be a bright one. Neighborhoods, local businesses, and parks alike are bringing extravagant displays of holiday lights to Chattanooga.
Whether you want to walk through the lights or look at them from the comfort of your vehicle, here are 10 spots in the area to see holiday lights.
Take a Stroll
- Asian Lantern Festival | Now through Jan. 15 | 6-10 p.m. | Chattanooga Zoo | Price of admission | This festival features illuminated lantern displays of zoo animals and interactive displays that will captivate guests of all ages — children ages two and under receive free admission.
- Enchanted Garden of Lights | Nov. 18-Jan. 1 | Various times | Rock City | $17.95-$31.95 | Walk through Rock City Garden’s winter wonderland featuring tons of magical twinkling lights.
- Holidays Under the Peaks | Nov. 25-Dec. 31 | Various times | Tennessee Aquarium | Price of admission | See holiday decor, listen to holiday music, and see a light-bedecked tree twinkling in synch with jolts from Miguel Wattson, the aquarium’s electric eel.
- Walnut Street Bridge | November-February | Various times |Free | See the twinkling snowflakes while you walk the pedestrian bridge — best viewed at night.
- Winter Wonderland | Throughout the holiday season | Various times | Chattanooga Choo Choo | Free | See the Choo Choo’s massive Christmas tree, various holiday lights + decor, and check out Ice on Landing (season begins Nov. 18) while you’re there.
Go For a Ride
- NoogaLights | Now through Dec. 31 | Sunday-Thursday, 5:30-9 p.m. + Friday-Saturday, 5:30-10 p.m. | Chester Frost Park | $25-$30 per vehicle | Chester Frost Park will be transformed into an immersive half-hour, drive-thru lighting experience for all ages.
- Magic of Lights | Nov. 18-Jan. 1 | 5:30-10 p.m. | Summit of Softball Complex, Collegedale | $20 per vehicle | The drive-thru will feature dozens of vibrant light displays, illuminated canopies, and digital animations all constructed with millions of individual LED lights.
- Scenic City Lights | Nov. 25-Jan. 1 | 6-9:30 p.m. | 4095 Brock Rd. | Free | This drive-up lights show will feature 25,000 LEDS — tune into its given radio station for an immersive holiday experience.